Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vigo 12 de julio Fashion, food and fun what else can you ask for??? More sleep!

July 13, 2011 Wednesday  10:29am

We are leaving the hotel right now in Vigo to go to Biona.  We were barely here it feels like, possibly because there was nothing really big to see here like a cathedral or something, but we did go shopping!  There were tons of places to go and everything was really cool! We ate some really yummy French omelets and crepes at this restaurant that had a bus inside and a car too. It was really cute and the guy who owns it is from France up north.  He was really nice.  We also did some interviews with some kids at a skate park.  They were really apprehensive to let me videotape them because they aren’t used to random people coming up to them and asking them to talk about themselves.  We didn’t videotape them, but they talked to us for a good half hour and told us their favorite music, subjects in school etc!  It was fun! I loved hearing them speak. It just amazes me the phrases they use and how they talk so fast. I love it when they speak really fast and I understand!!! Believe it or not Spanish in Spain is quite different.  Their accent is so fun to listen to.  One of my new favorite phrases is “Anda venga” it literally means go, come.  But it is like come on….everyone says it for tons of things. I love it!  It makes me laugh and now I know how to say it so I say it, but every time I say it I laugh to myself or outloud because I think it is so funny because it is saying, “go” and then the opposite “come” but it is basically saying come on, get with it…etc and my new favorite verb is “coger” because it means to get something in many ways  like “no lo cogi” I didn’t get it. Or when I was a buying a cd from a guy playing the guitar on the street and he was playing so he couldn’t give me change so he said, “Cogelo” like grab your change.  Unfortunately in south america it doesn’t have very good connotation because of some sailors and what they did to women. I’ll just leave it there. Pero me da pena (It makes me sad) that I can’t use it when I get back. It is such a fun verb.  Another fun word that has worked out in my favor is chantaje a bribe!  I learned this word because I was late to meet our group (shocking I know! I paid the multa (fine) this time it was 2 Euros because I was 10 min late!) I gave my professor a Napolitana de crema y chocolate and she said, “O chantajes!! Tienes una A+”  (Oh, Bribes! You have an A+).  Since then we have been using that word a lot.  I am learning so many new words. I have my little orange book of everything and I am not going to lose that book, because I just write everything in it and it can’t happen!  (that is my way of thinking positive that it won’t happen!)

Ps…if you read and think, “wow this girl has some pretty bad grammar in English, just keep in mind that while I write in English I am surrounded by Spanish and my brain is going back and forth between them both, plus we are driving usually when I write (that is the only time I have, because otherwise we are out and about all over the place!  I don’t know how our professors do it and our drivers!  They are always kind and happy and patient!!! This has been one fun ride!

This country is beautiful!  If you’re like me 2 weeks ago and think it is only Madrid, one big city then you are sadly mistaken, because wow it is so green that sometimes I think I’m in Hawaii.  The North is amazing. It is perfect weather. We’ve had like 3 hours of rain in 5 days and have been so blessed.  And Carolina just figured out how to get her hard drive to work because el super prof knows everything! That is why he is super!!!  We got the best deal ever with these two professors!  Needless to say I have had a blast and have learned a lot! 

We just drove 20 min and have now arrived in Biona which has a beach!!!!!  I don’t know if we will swim it is only 74 degrees here and I don’t know if we will have time. We basically city hop every day.  One night in a hotel and off to the next we go.  After a week of no radio or music (lots of talking, sleeping, typing and reading) we figured out how to make our ipods work in the car, so now we have music!!!! It is great.

We just pulled into the beach with tons of boats.  Carolina just gave us a funny joke!

“Jaimito dime los nombres de las caravelas en las que fue colon a américa.”

Jaime no sabe la respuesta y sienta vencido, mira afuera y ve una chica y dice “Santa maria que pinta que tiene la niña.”

La maestra le dice, “Muy bien Jaimito.”

Oh man we just pulled into the hotel!!!! It is in front of the beach. It is beautiful! And they have choclat-therapy where you can get a massage with chocolate or something!!!













This is one of those yummy waffles with bits of sugar and toffee in it!  I feel like we eat all the time...wait that's cause we do, but we are aprovechando de lo que hay...2 more weeks!

Cutest couple ever!  I love it!  She was helping him walk up the street hand in hand! so precious.


Yum Yum!


The kids we interviewed!

Gallego...look it's Uruguay and Argentina right next to each other! Yay for Uruguay! "!Como no!"



This was inside the restaurant!

At that restaurant you could draw on the table cloth!  Carolina is a great artist!

The bus inside of the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment