Friday, July 15, 2011

Jueves 14 de Julio Biona, Espana

Jueves el 14 de julio 2011 12:43pm leaving Biona, Spain
We just went to the boat that is a replica of the Pinta that Christopher Columbus sailed on his way to discover America. I was listening to the audio guide that goes with the tour and I thought it was so cool because they put music with it and it walked you through the entire boat, all the different parts (it wasn’t that big).  As I walked and learned I could have cried because it made me appreciate how these 24 men suffered and 3 Indians came back with them and one died on the way. It was incredible that they ate only fish and had some pig because they had cured it.  They also had fruits and nuts but not many and they mostly drank wine because let’s be honest the older wine gets the better they say it is, so that is the only liquid they really had and it was a means of providing vitamins and minerals!  I can’t even imagine what they went through being at sea for so long and I know people do it today, but really the ship was so simple, not very much protection and it was amazing that people lived in such inconvenient headquarters.  I am amazed and have come to appreciate so much more what people go through and have gone through to provide something better for the next generation.  If anything I have learned to appreciate the trials, tribulations and talents of others on this trip and also of course the food and crafts, souvenirs!  I have purchased too many things!  I find it hilarious that I was concerned that bringing 300 Euros with me would be too much!!!! Ha ha ha! I have taken money out of the bank three times since then!  This morning was the last time!  We only have a week left!  We’ll see how it goes! Pretty sure that I have to buy another bag to put all my extra stuff in!  Susy and I are going to share, she doesn’t think she’ll have to because she is leaving all her clothes behind, but let’s be honest she has a ton of stuff that doesn’t fit in her bags!
A light house.  Word of the day "el faro"

I found my boat!!!!  Read the name of it!

Cute boat!

La Nina

Lots of fish bask in the shade of the Nina.

K, now is the moment for that funny joke. This is the Nina.

They actually used really cool tools to figure out where they were and switched their tools depending on whether it was day or night.






Cute and creative garbage cans!

No comments:

Post a Comment