Sunday, July 17, 2011

Salamanca Saturday July 16, 2011



La plaza mayor. I'm just now figuring out that every city has a plaza mayor!  I'm a little slow.


A very common saying when trying to help you know how to spell something instead of "T as in Tom" they say, "q de queso"  I thought that was ingenious to make that the name of a queseria or a cheese store.

Una monja going to buy food.



Casa de las Conchas (shells) It's really the library!  I was ready to go look at some sea shells. Little did I know that they were only to be found on the building!  I seriously was waiting until the shell shop opened and they said it was time to move on and I said, "But where are all the shells?  I want to see some shells!"  My professor just laughed..."There are no shells.  It's named that because of the outside of the building."

Salamanca Univesrsity.  Established in 1218!  That's old!   No one goes to school there now.  There's just a bookstore.

Just be happy!




A classroom in the University.


The library was cool!  You couldn't go in it, but they had up glass doors/walls so you could see it. I was cool.  The Spanish really know how to preserve their stuff and have a lot to show.  It's really cool.




water for the fire fighters...new word for vocab Bomberos=firemen

It is very popular to buy a sweatshirt from the university of Salamanca.  Very, very popular that I bought 3!  Not all for me, but for people who sent a special request...now Andy and Laura how do i get them home???? J/k we'll figure it out!

Too cute!

Roman bridge. On our way out of the city we stopped and took pictures on our way out! Adios Salamanca!

One of my favorite pictures of the entire time we were there!  Lucky number 17 (my favorite number because my bday...only a month away) and the cathedral and city of Salamanca.  A mi me encanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment