Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More of Alcala and Madrid July 5 and 6

On the train ride I wrote tons and tons of postcards. I think 18 to be exact!  Off they go to my friends and family.  If you want one send me your address, but let's be honest, if I write them now, I'll get home before they do!

Me mailing the first batch on the train ride there.  Cool mailbox huh!

On March 11, 2011 terrorists put bombs in trains.  It was awful and many died.  This is a monument erected in their memory.

The double decker train we rode.


Last night was so funny. We were on our way home (or so we thought) and we got on the metro.  2 stops later we saw our professor outside of the train. I waved to her all excited and was taking a picture of her through the glass door. She was trying to tell me that we were on the wrong train and there I was ecstatic to see her and taking her picture not realizing anything!!!  I told Susy that I just saw the Professor.  She said, “Oh, that is weird.  We shouldn’t see her. She goes the other way.”  I said, “Yeah I know, I told her we were going to Gran Via”  A guy standing next to me said, “If you’re going to Gran Via you’re on the wrong train!”  We started laughing, because we realized that our professor wasn’t saying, “Hi, look how cool it is that I see you on the train!”  She was saying, “Get off this train.  You’re on the wrong train!!!”  We laughed so hard. It was so funny, because I was just there like this oblivious tourist all excited to be taking pictures and she was frantically trying to tell us we were on the wrong train and finally gave up and just smiled for the photo.  I talked to her this morning and she had a good laugh about it and she said that she went home and told her brother and sister (she is from Spain) and they had a good laugh about the Americans trying to figure out the Spanish Metro system!  That's a fun memory.
Here are a few funny quotes from yesterday and today:
#1
Becca asking questions about Arabes, Indians, Jerusalem, Pakistan and Iraq (trying to figure out all the differences and details) "There are no stupid questions."
Susy, "Yeah, just stupid people!"  (referring to me of course)
#2
Today Susy was trying to figure out how to do certain things on her blog and computer...Susy "I just don't understand technology and computers.  I'm just a simple minded person."
Becca "That's one way of putting it!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment