Friday, July 15, 2011

Astorga, Spain 15 de Julio 2011















Dendi is so funny!




14 de Julio 2011 12am Thursday Astorga

Okay today has been a good day with a few moments of “learning” like when my Ipod chord broke because the brake never got put on and profe got out of the car and we realized we were rolling and Debby pretty much jumped over the seat to put her foot on the brake and in the process ripped my ipod out of the jack and ripped the chord out of the ipod.  Luckily it still works…well I guess we’ll see tomorrow when Carolina lets me use her jack because mine is for sure broken!  Other than that it was a really good day.  It started with the Niña and me appreciating and really thinking with gratitude about Christopher Columbus and all the men that went with him.  Then I was left in awe constantly at the beauty of this country! I will never think of Spain the same again. I always wanted to come, but I never realized it would be so wonderful and beautiful and of course I have had a few people enfadarse conmigo por sacarles una foto sin permiso (take their picture without their permission so they got mad).  Today I actually erased the picture the lady told me to erase, but normally I don’t because I know I’m not going to do anything bad with it.  Anyway, we got to the hotel after traveling about 5 hours and eating a wonderful lunch in Ourense. It was a huge salad.  We arrived at our hotel and you would not believe it, but our front door is on the plaza central.  It is like you walk out of the hotel and onto the plaza. It is the most convenient and awesome place, with the exception of the Mezquita right across the street from us!  It was really cool!  Anyway, I love this city.  We were trying to figure out where to eat dinner and no one could decide anything so I decided to finally sit down by myself.  I ordered and they had this celebration for the 14th of July because today is France’s independence day and because Spain won independence against France they celebrate it.  I got up and took some pictures, almost went deaf for all the firing of guns  for the celebraton.  I came back to my table and a little while later La Professora Knapp and La Professora Montgomery vinieron.  It was great.  They ordered food.  Then I  went and took pictures of some kids jumping rope and did an interview.  Then came back and the super profe Meredith had joined us!  Then Carolina came and Debby and Suzy was taking pictures from her room and took some of us eating and then carl came out and did the same things.  Really I loved it! I had to laugh because I started out all by myself and ended up with everyone!!!  We ordered and ate and enjoyed!

Well on the way to take a picture of a balcony with really pretty flowers and these 3 cute old ladies were walking by me. I politely stopped them and asked them if I could take their picture and what was going on. They had no problem letting me. So I video taped them talk about why they celebrate and their families etc. it was probably one of my favorite interviews hands down.  They were so cute and talked and talked! It was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. I was so excited.  Then there are bells that ring on the hour and these cute dolls go out and ring the bells.  Anyway it’s like the Ladies told me “Espana tiene un poquito de todo!” Spain has a little bit of everything and I have to agree. Everywhere we go is different and I love it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment