Monday, July 11, 2011

Leaving Gijon arriving in Santiago de Compostela












7/11/11

4:37pm

I decided today that I love the variety of the bathrooms here!  It is always a surprise whether there will be one or two, or a shared sink with the men or a pull flusher or a push flusher  or something else!  It is really starting to be fun!  I woke up on my own without an alarm around 7:33am and Carolina and I went on a walk/run on the beach.  The sand was the wet hard sand from having just had ocean waves on it all night!  It was beautiful.  We didn’t bring our cameras because we were going running, but we captured a few pictures in our minds!  It was beautiful and this cute couple had just gone swimming and were on their way home. It was so cute. They were walking up the beach in their swim suits and the wife had a bright orange gorro de baño (a swim cap) on that matched her swim suit. They were the cutest old couple who I assume go to the beach every morning to swim and get their work out in.  They were so cute. I wish I had my camera in that moment, but that is one of those pictures I have to capture in my mind and write down to remember later.

We hurried back to the hotel and showered in 20 min before we had to leave and practically ran out of the hotel.  We got in the car and were on our way to these two old churches that have been here since before the murros .  I liked them.  They were just simple. I feel like the simple churches that we have seen like the Mezquita and the Alhambra (it’s not that simple, very well done with tons of detail, but not gaudy) are amazing and yet so simple.  I love the cathedrals from outside and the arches inside, but sometimes I get a little overwhelmed and over stimulated inside, because there is so much on the altar. 

After we were on the road again we stopped for lunch in the last town before leaving Andalucía.  The city is called Tapia de Casariego.  It has the playa

Sideria de san blas is where we ate. It was soooo good! we sat outside and ate yummy  lentil soup, fries and some yummy pork almost like a millanesa.  The owner was sooo nice. They even showed us how they serve the cider (cidra) it is so cool!!!  More pictures to follow. I only videoed.

We just got a flat tire so we are pulling into a gas station.  This is one bumpy ride! We have really good luck though we just happen to be almost right in front of a flat tire place. 

6:39pm They didn’t have our size tire, but they did have tools to help fix it and our donut tire turned out to be a regular size tire so we are on the road again, but I think since we are renting the car we have to replace it before we return the car.  We were all chuckling and saying, “Of course we couldn’t go through the whole trip without a flat tire!”  Now we are listening to old music in Spanish.  It’s been fun. If you speak Spanish you should look up the song, “Una Locura” by  Jose Luis Peralis.  It’s a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment