Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July 2011

Pop Quiz:  Why do they not celebrate the 4th of July in Spain like we do in the USA?
This is our 4th of July lunch celebration!

This is how Carl spends his sobremesa 4th of July!  Napping while reading about Spain!

Mi nina, always arreglandose putting on makeup etc!

These look like smooshed peaches. I can't remember what they are called, but apparently we have them in the US too!

A park. It was lunch time so no one was playing, but I liked it with the cute fence!

La persistencia de memoria no es...this isn't it, but it is by DALI. The real persistence of Memory is in NYC



I found the piece that was the same picture as my ticket!  Cool!

I just liked this one and my professor told me it was famous!

This is the free line. I'm glad we didn't have to stand in that today like yesterday!  It may not look like it, but every person in that line is sweating profusely!  I this was taken from the glass elevator!  All the museums open up for free at about 5 or 7 depending on the day. That's how we went to the Prado yesterday.  But today we had free tickets to the La Reina Sofia because we went to a different museum yesterday and they were giving out free tickets! Cool huh! we saved like 175 bucks which in turn will pay for our parking at hotels.  Like 17 Euros a day and we have 2 cars!  A lot!

I love this one by Dario!  And it's a cow which makes me love it even more!

Guess this painter. I'll give you a clue.  Cubist who painted Guerrnica.  We couldn't take a picture of Guernica, but it was HUGE and cool!

Metro ride home.  I was trying to get them to go into the teeny tiny expensive photobooth to take pictures but they were too tired so I told them to complacerme with a picture por lo menos en el metro.

Old Lady and dog!  It's funny to see people walking there dog.  I've never really lived in the city so to see a dog do its business on the sidewalk is rather rare. No grass.

Probably not the best thing in the world, but we found this amazing place with amazing food, ice cream pizza and treats!  They have these rellenas for only 75cents full of dulce de leche!!! makes me remember the mission!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment