Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 afternoon


Wednesday April 15th
· 10:05am learned key phrases from concierge Alex
o Efaristo-thank you
o Calimera- good morning
o Calispera- good afternoon
o Catalaveno- I don’t understand
o Ena- 1
o Theo- 2
o Ticanis- how are you?
o Calafrestol- good thank you
o Signome- sorry
o Nay- yes
o Ohi- no
o Ofta- this
o Paracalo- you’re welcome
o Posselene- what’s your name?
· 1:43 pm met cute old man on bus, took picture with him.
· Nice guy talked to me in English and told us where to get off the bus. Turns out it was the wrong stop, so we had to wait an extra hour to get to where we were supposed to go.
· Mean lady yelled at nice guy, because his knee was in her way. (I know where I get my attitude. I am for sure Greek and impatient!)
· I want to take pictures of everyone, because they all look so Greek! They all have Greek noses.
· 2:30pm big flash rain storm. It just all of a sudden hit! It was funny cause we were standing under the bus stop (the wrong one) the guy told us to get off at and it was raining so much. This lady jumps off the bus and under the bus stop and just starts yelling at us, because we had an umbrella under the bus stop and she was screaming that since we had an umbrella we should be out in the rain and let everyone that didn’t have an umbrella get under the bus stop. It was funny! We just looked at her and said “Angleca” (English) and she said, “Signome, Signome” and we understood that she was saying sorry, because of our language lesson that morning with the concierge.
· 5:12pm It rained in the city so we hopped on a bus to the coast! These pictures don't do justice to the beauty that the sky and sea were! Such a beautiful blue! This is the temple of Posedion. It was my favorite place. Probably because it was on the ocean (Posedion was the sea god) but i felt so much peace here. Just a moment to reflect on a lot of stuff! I absolutely loved it. Could have gone home after this and felt like my trip was complete! Posedion’s Temple. We took a bus an hour and a half out to Posedion’s Temple (the god of water). Wow, wow, wow the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. Surrounded by the ocean, rocks and cliffs. The most beautiful rocks ever!
· Ate my lunch that I had been carrying around in my backpack all day!
· Laughed at these Asian girls taking pictures! They were so nice. I took some pictures for them. They laughed and laughed! Note to self: I want to go to Asia somewhere! Phillipines, Korea, China? Somewhere that would be cool!
· Couldn’t believe how many different people where there. I met people that spoke French, Spanish, all sorts of Asiatic languages, Greek, English.
· Camera Battery died. Corrine let me use hers.
· Took pictures for some people. Posed with my Greek boyfriend! They were all really nice. Spoke good English!
· 6:02pm bus ride home.
· 7:40pm took pictures with the guards, got yelled at for going behind them to take a closer picture of the words on the building. Oops (one of the many times I got yelled at!)
· 7:49pm took picture of police.
· 7:50pm Police lady ran across the street to tell me that I needed to delete the picture because they had someone in custody and I needed to delete it. Deleted picture
· 7:51pm Went to bano (bano is how you say bathroom in Greek too!) in the big hotel Corrine wanted to go in. They had toilet paper with teddy bears on it! I kept some for my scrapbook.
















No comments:

Post a Comment