Monday, October 20, 2008

On the way home






That is one narrow ladder and stair case we had to climb up.





We took a few detours, because Hal and I both believe that there has to be joy in the journey not just the destination. So we stopped and looked at some Indian Ruins. It was pretty cool. When you look at them far enough away, they look like little sand castles. But then when you get close, you see that they were people's homes. How they did it is amazing to me. They lived in stone houses, but I was telling Hal, the cool thing about people is that we have brains that are smart enough to adapt to our situations in life. That doesn't mean we always like it, but we somehow figure out how to survive and wow, the Hopi Indians did an amazing job of it. I'm still dumbfounded how people could live like that, when here I am using a lot of electricity to power my fish tank, my computer, my lamp, my ipod my phone...all right now...and they had nothing and slept on dirt floors everyday! Wow. I am amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment