Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday Jueves, el 24 de Junio

Don't think that I've started drinking since coming to Spain! We ate the most wonderful meal ever (see pictures below) and the people figured out that we were tourists so they offered us "chupitos" shots, but they were sin alcohol "without alcohol". It was so good and sweet!






t

I





There is such beautiful architecture here and this is just what is in the city. I love it. Everywhere you go there is something beautiful to take a picture of! My group feels like I am always somewhere other than where I should be! They have had to retell me the rules about 10 times in 2 days cause i keep stopping to take pictures. I just can't help it! Now there is a rule that if you are late there is a "multa" fine that you have to pay to the group. So that really helps me! I have been on time for the past 24 hours! The multa is 1 Euro which is like a $1.5 and if you know me, you know I'm cheap so I get there on time!!! Well, because clocks are different there is a 5 min leeway! Thank goodness!
So this is a real live man! Can you believe it? People go and paint themselves or stand like this all day long. I give them money just because they try so hard and do so well. 25% of Spain is out of jobs and I have to hand it to people who create a job. It probably isn't fun to do this, but very creative and being self-reliant. Bien hecho Espana!

Another really cool building! Look at all the railings etc!


Look at the different balconies! So cool! You can see the different lives that people lead. A guy "colgando la ropa" hanging his laundry, un aire acondicionador, una bicicleta, plantas. I love it. There are buildings and buildings of windows and doors and balconies. It is so beautiful to me!

Abanicos means a fan. I bought 3 yesterday and have the hardest time remembering how to say the word or even what it was. I took a picture so I could remember it...I also wrote it down in my little orange log book...you'd be amazed how much stuff is going in that book!














I met some people from Uruguay! It was so fun to hear their accent again!



Breakfast=el desayuno 3 euros! It was so good!

This guy was so nice! I loved watching him paint. It makes me so happy to see people use their talents to make a living.

2 comments:

  1. Becca! Por fin escribo en tu blog! Me está encantando leerlo, y tus fotos. Oh, life is Good! :) Thanks for loving life with me these days. (y ahí va un poco más de Spansglish...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caro, te extrano! tienen internet? lo tenemos nosotras en casa! por fin desempacamos y estamos para descansar un poco! Me gusta nuestra casa y la familia con quien estamos. Hay 2 chicas mas aqui y se van el domingo, y vienen otras. Ya estamos lavando la ropa y estamos pasando bien. Espero que vosotras estais pasando bien tambien. la verdad es que les extrano un poquito porque estoy acostumbrada de estar con todos y ahora les extrano, pero nos veremos manana. gracias por todo! cuidense

    ReplyDelete