Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sevilla

SEVILLA!



So today has been an awesome day! We left Jerez de la frontera after going to the arches last night and getting to bed at 2:30am. We came to Sevilla (remember the famous barber of Seville? well it originated here!) It is so cool! There is a tower that is 300 feet tall in a cathedral. I went to my first catholic mass today. It was pretty cool. It was extra special because of the celebration of Corpus Christi. There was a live orchestra (Jenn you would have liked it!) and children singing in a choir and dancing. The cathedral was so cool! Really! Huge arches and my favorite is a statue of Peter holding the keys of the priesthood. I love it! I learned about that in my art class about 8 years ago and still remember!



300 foot tower! Amazing! Hurts to look up at right underneath it it's so tall. We are going to the top tomorrow!



Shoes to dance flamenco in. Jenn this has something to do with what I got you today. Don't get any "big" ideas!


This is the tabernacle.


Peter with the keys of the Priesthood symbolically!

So cool! There is a bicycle system in the city of Seville where residents swipe their ID card and they rent the bike in one place and drop it in another...that would have been very nice after walking probably at least 10 miles and i say that as my feet are thanking me after walking all day!

This is our hotel room! It is so nice. In all the rooms in Europe (or at least Spain) the beds are a twin or full and are pushed together. It even smells so good. I love it! Professor Knapps is sleeping next to me right now. I need to go to bed! I already passed when I said I would be done! It's 2:13am I've got to get to bed...Looking at the picture it is calling me!

The bridge as you enter Sevilla! Oh man it is hot today. 41 degrees cel. I sweat and drank a lot andddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd (those d's represent my hand being heavy on the keys as I fell asleep typing just now. K I really need to echerme a la cama...gotta go to bed. night!

Matching Horchata! I like mexican horchata better for some reason.

The Torre de Oro. This isn't the tower that is 300 feet tall. I'll put a photo on and go to bed! But this used to be called the Tower of Gold because when the ships would sale in they would put their gold here. It is cool and very pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment