Friday, June 24, 2011

Que dia mas lindo! Don Quixote de La Mancha

Y ahora estamos en GRANADA!
Tomorrow we are to going the Alhambra!

Who knew that Spain is actually the number one producers of olive oil? I had no idea. I've never seen so many olive trees in my life. It was beautiful. We also saw a huge field of sun flowers they use to make sun flower oil. On my mission in Uruguay they used sunflower oil a lot and had tons of sun flowers growing in the campo.


Us with our wonderful sandwiches and Professor Meredith with his sandwich and Red Bull to keep him awake while driving!

(

We went to where Don Quixote de La Mancha takes place and took a ton of pictures. In the surrounding pictures are Carolina (We also passed by her town, or at least one with her name that was celebrating her 16th bday! jk) and Professor Meredith. After La Mancha we went to a supermercado and the prices were amazingly cheap! This isn't like South America where everything is usually a lot cheaper. So far everything has been really expensive and really hard for me to bring myself to pay the Euro price for things, but I have! Too many souvenirs already! then we ate in the parking lot at a grocery store and laughed a lot! I think I was drunk with hunger and because of the heat and the prices etc...it was so fun!
This is Suzy and I with our abanicos tradicionales in front of another tradition, el molino! Somos muy espanolas!
We also went and bought ice cream in the actual windmill! It was so cool! We got to go inside of it! The guy selling stuff was "un viejo verde" spouting off poesia right and left! I bought a cute little Molino (windmill) it was awesome!






Today we left Madrid and did an all day road trip to Granada. On the way we stopped at Consuegra where Don Quixote is based. It was so beautiful. A wonderful little town with cobblestone streets.


The people hang curtains in their front door so the air enters but not the bugs. There are so many really pretty ones. It was really hard to take pictures because we were driving. This is one that turned out.

This is a popular Bull (Torro) almost a billboard that is all over! I love it! Cows make me happy and so do the Torro bill boards everywhere!
When we were leaving Spain I saw this sign on a store and had to laugh, because it was just too English!

No comments:

Post a Comment