Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Aqui estoy por fin! I'm finally here

We're there!

This says it doesn't matter how big or small! I just loved it!!! Cause it really doesn't matter! I'm small and was able to hop over seats to go to the bano (el aseo) in the plane without disturbing anyone!
This is for Megan Ettinger and the "purple sandals" for Emily that she wanted me to bring back for her!




The beautiful clouds leaving Atlanta.





On my way here I sat next to a lady that is Spanish and American. We talked a lot in Spanish and I learned a few new words:
-aseo-bano-bathroom
-pension-retirement
-sueldo-pay

-abrochar-to buckle (like a seat belt! I heard that a few times on the flight!)

-enfadarse-to get angry (this is used in Spain more than enojarse)
-




Man am I tired! Seriously! We got here at about midnight/1am and by the time we took the bus and walked to the hotel it was about 12pm Madrid time and 3am Utah time. I was starving!!! We went out and ate some churros con chocolate! So cool! It's like chocolate pudding almost, but not really and then you dip the churros in it. After that I went and got my sister Melissa her special starbuck's mugs! They are mini mugs from Madrid and Spain. So cute. I didn't take a picture yet and they are in my hotel room. I might post them later. My stomach hurt and I went to take a nap. Wow I was out! When one of the ladies (Suzy) came to tell us we had 15 min before we needed to meet downstairs the thought was like killing me because I was sooooooooo tired. I layed back down and promptly fell back asleep. My roommate Dendi woke me up 15 min later (I had conked out again into a really deep sleep hoping for nighttime) and again it was like death...I coaxed myself out of bed as she sang "Las mananitas" to me which is a birthday song in Mexico.

I got up, got ready and we went down to the lobby to meet and decided to update our email/webpages at the McDonald's where there is free internet! Yay for McDonald's. This is the nicest Mc Donald's I have ever ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment