Sunday, March 2, 2008

What I learned this weekend

Basically what I learned this weekend was that we need to be content with what we have. That when we find joy in serving our Heavenly Father’s children, then we have found the purpose for our life, because in Joy comes love and peace. And really isn’t that we are all looking for anyway? So no matter what station we are at in life, married, single, widowed or struggling with whatever we are struggling with, if we give love and serve, it will come back full circle. I truly believe that, because I’ve lived it and the times I am most happy is when I live in the moment I’m in and when I’m giving what of who I am to those around me to make their life (and in turn my life) better. What a joy it is to love and give and know our purpose here; to help Heavenly Father bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of all of our brothers and sisters. It is through that process that we are refined enough to in-turn, make it back home safely as well. It’s been a good day!

3 comments:

  1. Well put Becca! I love your posts and how inspiring and uplifting you are! It's so true that we need to find joy in our lives no matter which stage and it comes through service-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becca! Good to see your blog. You are such a cute girl :) Joy in the journey, so true! I love your Tim McGraw song b/c we're moving to Georgia in May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right on the money. I love what you said and agree with you. I'm happiest when I find ways to serve and am so grateful for all that people do for me. My life wouldn't be the same without the awesome people I have in it!

    ReplyDelete