Sunday, March 16, 2008

Snowboarding day!

The drive up in the snow. The ride up there was amazing! It was snowing and look at this scenery and then the great kids in the back!

Soper and i pretty much rock! we are a tad cheesy and scary all at once, but she was driving in the snow storm and i was trying not to distract her so we didn't die. bad pic, but it's all i got

Lunch time...a well needed break for me.


Can you say defeat? I felt so defeated. This smile is a bad picture, because i had to force actually force this smile out of my mouth. It took me two hours to get down the first run. I was left alone. Soper went back up the lift scared for me and where i was wondering if the wolves had eaten me. I was just there frustrated as all get out, because there was so much powder that we couldn't move, except for the experienced people. Nick took us down an ungroomed black diamond on our first run...what the heck was he thinking? i literally could not move. so there i was sad and frustrated and later that day i cried. Lit erally cried and sobbed like a baby, because i felt so frustrated and stupid that i couldn't do it. But down my first run i just decided that the beauty was well worth it. It was snowing again. Of course i was sweaty and soaking wet from falling, eating it hard so many times that there was not an inch that snow had not touched. (this sounds really pathetic, but that's pretty much how the entire day went. i've never had a day of snowboarding so bad. This was my third time, but granted it has been 3 years since i skied or snowboarded). So there i was saying, forget this whole going down the hill part, i'll just take some pictures so that's what I did.


Brighton...not quite conquered, but plowed! with my face and whole body of course, but i think i'll come again!

Brandon at the end of the day. He held up well and was a great friend waiting for me while i cried.
At day's end...Charly happy as a clam! She really is good (but later admitted to me that she too cried her first couple of times!)

And then after lunch, Brandon and i decided to go down another one. That is where I cried, because it was so flat that i couldn't even move anywhere. i just layed on my back and sobbed like a baby. A girl rode by and said, "Are you okay?" Through my tears i just waved her on, like "Yeah, i'm just feeling like a big baby, defeated and alone and these other guys are going right past me and are flying down the ungroomed forest with the trees no problem, but I'll be okay." So after getting up and trying again and again and getting no where, i decided to take of my board and walk. It felt like the guys on cool runnings at the end where they picked up their tabagon and carried it...well i was just pathetic, not really conquering anything. and i walk around the riverbend to find Brandon sitting there patiently waiting for me. So from then on we were a team. We would both go and one of us would eat it and somehow the other would too and we just layed there for a second covered in snow. And then we'd get up and go again. It was really fun and completely exhausting. Notice the amount of snow on us. It is not from the falling snow. it is from our wipe outs!


No comments:

Post a Comment