Monday, April 28, 2008

Thursday, April 17th Boot camp, Kareoke and Mambo Cafe


Tienes hambre? a good little bit of spanish for my students and a great way to start out the morning!


This is mostly how i spent the majority of my time. I do love reading and being in water in the sun! What a good book!

This is the crew! We had a blast and by the end of the day we all knew each other really well! We had 3 couples on their honeymoon, two people that worked at our hotel, Tamee and I and then the safety crew; our guides. It was safe and fun and secure the whole time. What a great day!

So i volunteered to be the ginnea pig for the first run...I was supposed to keep my right hand on the low rope as my brake, but then i got going so fast that i lost and i kept grabbing it by the time i finished and just went flying. They called me "trouble" for the rest of the time!



Then there's Tamee showing me up! She did it perfectly on her first run!

Rock climbing. I wasn't as smart as Tamee. I tried to rock climb first, and then my feet kept slipping and i kept on almost falling and I was freaking out, luckily i could switch over to the easier one...i might have died out there!


Commando Bridge. I was really afraid of this, but then once we got going, it wasn't so bad. And since i can swim it wasn't so bad!




This is Wayne and Lynette. They hadn't even been married 24 hours. I think their marriage will be long and fun! They made it so much fun!

Rappellon!!! that was our funny word. This was really fun. I got a lot of good air! Finally something I know how to do.


The race. Both Tamee and I were turning into Mexican pinatas. Not a good thing to do on the zipline!

Zipline

After my first run, these guys kept calling me trouble and watching out for me. It was great, like having 8 body guards.


Crazy Wayne! This is the biggest man I have ever met! He was crazy! We had so much fun!

Vendors: it really works to be friends with these guys! I got a cute really bracelet for 10 bucks and a kiss too!

Darlene is crazy! This is the crazy lady from San Franscisco who told us that we have a place to stay whenever we want there. She tried to hook me and Brian up on Tuesday. She is sweet for her intentions.

Mexicans, mexican beach, remember who you are and make good choices...nuf said.

One of my many pina coladas...this time it was for sure virgin! Look how close the beach is! That is so cool! Like 2 seconds after that I won the name that tune song! It was fun!

I sang "Bring me two pina coladas (virgin of course). Although I sang in a baratone voice, Tamee said I was right on key...miracles never cease!


Cha Cha Slide...

Tamee singing Summer Dreamin'...and wow! She was having fun with Estefano...I could have "been a part of something really special!"

We found these crazy people who were also from Utah. Small world. We were singing "Girls Just wanna Have fun!" and boy were we!

Later that night we went dancing at the Mambo Cafe and met Douglas (insideness and you're glad you don't know him...well, let's put it this way...he was supposed to be our ride home, but he kept drinking A LOT, because it was open bar. I told him that after 3 I would have to become the designated driver. He said, "Okay." But then after he drank more than 3 like 7 in the first hour (like water, not kidding) I said, "I guess it looks like I'll be driving home." He didn't like that. I guess you shouldn't mess with people when they are drunk and we kind of got in a fight, cause i said that i wouldn't be driving home with him and that we would take a taxi and it wasn't pretty and then we went outside and there was this, oh my heck, really drunk, drunk guy and he was like falling over while we got our taxi. I was ready to go home!) on a positive note, the band was AMAZING! They danced just as fast as they played, while they played their respective instruments. It was great. I could have just sat there and watched them all night, while I drank my virgin apple beer...I was pretty content!

No comments:

Post a Comment