Sunday, February 10, 2008

Scripture of the day

Doctrine and Covenants 20:14 "And those who recieve it in faith, and work righteousness, shall recieve a crown of eternal life."


I needed this scripture today. Bishop shared it with us in ward council and I needed to hear that if we just have faith and keep working righteously, then we will recieve that crown of glory. I feel a little inadequate with my calling, because it's had it's ups and downs. I've had it for like a year and a half. It's my third time and I got frustrated with all the inconsistencies and then today at our meeting, it was like my last straw...ready to get up and walk out of the meeting, but you don't do that in the church. It's obviously there for a reason, something to grow with. So after a good cry, working hard today getting things organized and realizing that the Lord pulls and stretches us in ways that we need, I kept thinking about that scripture and that he just wants me to keep going and doing my best.

After all that, I felt a lot better and I think it will get better...we just have to open our perspective and look at things in a different way and the outcome will come. I just know it. A few different ideas came to me of how to get more organized. So I'm hopeful. It will get better! So onward and upward. Just like I learned at a devotional a few weeks ago, "As long as the Savior lives and is our Savior (which he will eternally be) everything will be okay." I truly believe that. It gives me comfort. I feel better and the scriptures are true and helpful always. I have recieved so much revelation from them lately, in the last 4 months, just tons. So if you want to talk to the Lord pray to him, if you want him to talk to you, read your scriptures.

3 comments:

  1. Beckster...I loved,loved,loved seeing your cute butt last night. I'm so jealous of your sexy highlights. When I have money I am going to copy you.;) I'll get a new cooking class schedule and give you a ringaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks becca.
    you have and always will wonderful. thats a really good scripture of the day. I just got a new calling yesterday and they are always so hard me. I thought that since I served a mission I would be all great and stuff, but I still feel like I need to improve in so many ways. thanks for that scripture and your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca- I posted that picture we took on my blog. Did you know Hermana Papenfuss died? Sad huh? Colon cancer I guess...

    ReplyDelete