Sunday, February 24, 2008

My calling...a time for reflection

As you can see I have a lot of interaction with a lot of different kinds of people in my calling! It has gone from once a week whole entire ward activities to small individual families on Monday and Tuesday nights. Often I find myself a little stressed trying to work with my co-chair Max and the 15ish people in our committee to figure out what activities are happening in who's house on what night, who's in charge and is the lesson spiritual enough...but I was reading this article by Elder Wirthlin this week and thought of how in the church we work so hard. And then today at Stake conference, President Lefler said, "If you're not enjoying it, you're doing something wrong." Elder Wirthlin said, "Those who will work with you all have within them the potential to be heroes. AS you inspire those who serve with you and give them a vision of the great cause, help them set their priorities, and encourage them to settle into the harness, overcome their fears, and press on in faith, you may create your own company of heroes." After having read what Elder Wirthlin said about working with people in the church and at work, I thought, "I really need to change my attitude. I used to have so much fun with my calling and if I would forget about the calling and focus on the people I am serving (like all these fun people in these pictures) then i would probably find the real pleasure that is supposed to be found in serving in the kingdom of the Lord. How have I been doing this for so long and missing the point for so long? I have to get back on track with what the Lord wants." So yet again I am going to try to get it done better and do a better job of showing the Lord that i love His children more than I love His church, because essentially, we, his children make up the church and what it is, because without His children, Christ would never had needed to sacrifice his life in behalf of all us to return home again to him. What a great day it has been. Really, I have learned and felt so much about who I am and how knowing who I am and who we all are gives deeper meaning to our lives and our relationships, even to the cows (you've probably read the previous entry about my wanderings after church!) I am grateful to know that we can keep starting over. It's a new day. Always a new moment to start over and turn around and repent. How good it is to know the truth and reason for this life. We are ever blessed. Thank you to all of my friends and brothers and sisters who continually forgive me for my silly and sometimes hurtful mistakes in my haste to accomplish more and more, when I should be content as the cows are doing their job day in and day out, rain, snow, sleet, hale or shine. I'm working on it. But on a funny note, my cow key chain went off during conference. Luckily it wasn't loud enough for many to hear it!




I love our bishop. He doesn't just talk, he does.
Fun events like Ice Hockey games are always a nice addition to FHE! Thanks for inviting me Harvest Hill Monday group...you guys rock.
Service time with Kara...she's getting married on Friday. Yikes how time flies when you're serving people!






No comments:

Post a Comment