Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nanny Week

I look at these animals and wonder wow Heavenly Father and Christ are so creative! This long necked turtle is way cool. There are so many animals that just amaze me that are so different and yet the same and unique and wonderful. I love animals, as long as they aren't shedding on me and licking butter off the counter! (inside joke!) But wow what a week! I learned a lot about life and myself . i actually do want to be a mother, but i wonder about my abilities to be a mom and teach school at the same time...my patience level was really not where i like it...and i bet my students were like, "What the heck is wrong with her?" but hopefully next week will be better! The good thing is Julianne got a tan in Hawaii and had a nice vacation with no kids for the first time in 14 years...i think that was well deserved. I'm glad i coud be of service and i learned a lot about myself at the same time!


On ward we marched. past the deep ravine full of freezing cold water and onward to the girafes. This one was trying get my hand. it was pretty cool.

A
A whole lot of but sniffing going on. It's amazing to me how animals have these natural habits and i love how they are so comfortable with their habits that we as humans are so embarassed about...how great to be so humble, I guess that's why animals are more obedient to the Lord than we are, cause they're humble creatures that want to do what's right the first time, unlike us, who take lots of tries to figure things out...but i guess that's why we're here.


Zoo day! We saw the elephants and they sure gave us a show. I had to take a picture, because well, i'm gross like that...but it was too "squat right in front of me good" to pass up...man he peed a lot, like a spout got turned on.









This was the beginning of our little walk to the end of the street, but it was pretty funny that before we even turned around everyone was crying because they were so cold, no gloves, but she's got her purse...it would have been helpful to at least have the gloves in the purse!

Brownie making. These kids love to cook that's for sure! I really enjoyed the help! We made some really good brownies al amode. It was great!





1 comment:

  1. You are amazing Becca! I can't thank you enough for staying with my kids. I didn't worry about a thing and had the time of my life. Thanks for taking pictures of them. I think they are pretty great! And so are you!

    ReplyDelete