Monday, January 30, 2012

This I Believe

 "I can think of scores of my peers who had nothing in those days but who, somehow, with the blessings of heaven, went forward and became men and women of strength and substance as they walked a straight and steady course, guided by principles to which they held with steadfastness. "

 Gordon B. Hinckley from his speech at BYU in March 1992 entitled "This I Believe". He inspired me to write a few things that I too believe, after a hard trial and in good times.

This I Believe

1. That God lives and loves me.
2. That we are meant to do hard things.
3. That life was never meant to be fair.
4. That growth is a part of the change that is SUPPOSED to happen in us and take us to where we ultimately want to be; with God in heaven and His Son Jesus Christ.
5. That God's perfect fathering skills make my life as beautiful and as hard as it is, that nothing happens to any of us for a reason that isn't without a purpose that can be for our good, that He leads us and guides us home, as we listen to Him.
6.  That life is hard and sometimes we, by our choices make it harder than it needs to be.
7.  That ice cream every now and again heals wounds and more importantly so does Jesus Christ.
8. That time is an important part of growing.
9. That without FAITH life is so much harder, and usually the thing you need to do requires more amounts of faith than you think you have and that is why the stretching is sometimes more painful than you think you can bear.
10. That no matter what, God hears our prayers and wants us to come unto Him, and ultimately we will find the rest we've been looking for in Him as our Savior washes away the wounds and heals the pain we or others have caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment