Saturday, January 28, 2012

Patience my friend...time to learn.

Well, it's been a week or two that I haven't really known what to do with, except keep going! That's really all you can do right?  So I have. I have stressed out a lot. I am moving and thought I knew to where, but honestly I don't still. I'm waiting on the Lord.  That is something I have to do to grow and get to where I want to be. I want to know that He trusts me and so I have to trust Him right?  Well, I read some conference talks today and this is one that I liked. It's not really about waiting on the Lord, but in one way it's about Him waiting on us. We always think we know what's right (that's where I've been and why all of my clothes except a few are at someone else's house...another story for another time (as my eyes threaten to close)) so now I am saying, "Sorry Heavenly Father.  I should have listened. I should have waited and not done whatever I wanted."  So here I am with a room half empty and no where to go...so tomorrow I'm fasting about that...wish me luck.  I'm falling asleep so good night.

Congratulations to my cute mission companion who I saw in the temple this morning and after 8 years of not being able to have kids, they are adopting cute little twins! I'm so excited for her and her husband Jay.


D. Todd Christofferson "The Divine Gift of Repentance"
"Pretending there is no sin does not lessen its burden and pain. Suffering for sin does not by itself change anything for the better. Only repentance leads to the sunlit uplands of a better life. And, of course, only through repentance do we gain access to the atoning grace of Jesus Christ and salvation. Repentance is a divine gift, and there should be a smile on our faces when we speak of it. It points us to freedom, confidence, and peace. Rather than interrupting the celebration, the gift of repentance is the cause for true celebration.  Repentance exists as an option only because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment