Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The last days with mom as a single woman


So my mom is getting married on Friday. My dad passed away last year in August and it was a really hard time. Then mom re-met our old stake pres from Tehachapi, President Christensen. His wife passed away earlier this year in January. They met up in June and the rest is history. Kind of an intersting thing to have my mom get remarried again, but it's good for her. She is the happiest I think I've ever seen her (possibly, becuase I never really saw her in those beginning stages of LOVE, all twitterpated etc), but if she's happy, I'm happy for her. It's going to be fun to see the new adventures they'll be able to go on together...for example, mom's never been on a cruise before and off she goes for her honeymoon with her new dancing dress!
It's amazing to me how life can seem so much in despair and then all of a sudden it changes and everything works out the way it should. Just gotta keep the faith. In the meantime, I'll say I've had a great time hanging out with mom in a different closeness that comes when you know life is about to change. I love her a lot and only wish her the best! Of course she'll be farther away in distance, but thank goodness for cell phones and the fact that I can still call her and have her walk me through a recipe!!!

1 comment: