Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Heavens










So I figure it's been almost a month since I updated, so it's time to update...i have been really really busy as it has been Christmas and back to school and team leader meetings and SAC meetings and collaboration meetings and...when do I correct papers? I'm not really sure, but somehow things get done and now I have a TA and it will be great! So, let's get started back in the when I went to my sister's house for Christmas in N.M. These are my thoughts as I flew out and looked at the vast heavens. Clouds of all different shapes and sizes, fluffiness etc.

I thought, what a wonderful world we live in. Lots of things we think matter, really don't, like the weight limit of 50 pounds at the airport that I had to pay 50 bucks extra when i could have just taken 22 pounds out of my bags and just carried them, but i wasn't quick enough to think of that and so i forked over the 50 bucks begrudginly and then was upset about it the whole flight over...how silly was that? But now, it's like this event that didn't even really happen and yet, i let it affect me far too much. I need to remember that next time there is a silly thing to get upset about like the fact that there is not literally one clean plate in my apt. Just use a bowl, or heaven forbid, i should get some soap and water and just clean one! It amazes me! Anyway, these are some of the thoughts that pass through my mind when I think of why we are all here. And i look at the purity of the heavens that our Father created for us to just look at in wonder and amazement and know that above it all, there is something much more important than 50 bucks or dirty dishes or rubberbands for that matter. (Liz and I got in an arguement about rubberbands while i was at her house! Oh, the silly things we can find to argue about!) So I am grateful for simple moments to just take it all in and there i am stuck on a plane looking at the beautiful clouds that i used to know the names of. Oh, knowledge is a wonderful thing, even if i tend to forget it after I have learned it. I guess that's why the scriptures say "Remember, Remember" so much...keep remembering...that's what I need to do! Well, because it's late for me, i'm going to just add this one post and do the others later, cause i still have scriptures to read and a journal to write in...better yet, i'll cut and paste this blog entry...oh i love blogs! So enjoy the beautiful cloud pictures. i took like 30. i enjoy pictures, clouds, bugs, designs, colors, fabrics, etc...whatever they be, because in the end, all things denote there is a God. Even the fact that i'm downloading new songs on my IPOD...what a wonder technology...and the timing. He's so good to us and I know that I'm at the place in my life where I need to be...right where I'm at! It's good to be here and to enjoy it! Good times to be had...and it is miraculous to me how each day it just seems to fit into place. The puzzle pieces really just go together, like my students and how much I love them...today I was actually giddy, because I felt so much love for them on an individual basis, even those who struggle, it just helped me know that Heavenly Father loves each of them, no matter how they struggle in school, they all have their own special purpose and talent...it's just the patience and perspective it takes me to get there!

Well, as you can tell it was a good day and now "Bubbly" is on! that makes me happy! K night.

3 comments:

  1. Bec-You are so right! The pictures of our world are amazing and so is Heavenly Father. When we can look at each other and revere the creation in each of us the way we can revere the clouds He has made, we will really be getting it. I loved how you described the love for your students! School is not always the best place to see someone's potential-it takes someone with spiritual eyes to see the whole person and their magnificence. Thanks for the reminder. You are so good for me! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca,
    Brady and I were also charged at the Airport. I also felt the frustration, but the fact that we get where we are going safely and return home having grown along the way is worth it all.... such is our journey here in life and our return home to our Heavenly Father. It is so good to be able to look at your blog and feel your spirit and the spiritual depth you have. I miss you and hope all is well. I miss those Lakeview kids like crazy!! I hope all is well and Brady and I send our love! As six months together approaches I can't help but look back and thank my Heavenly Father for your insight. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for getting us together. I hope all is well!! Love ya :0) Mer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca - I loved your blog. I was thinking this week about what a great person you are and how sad it is we don't stay in touch more often. My sister just got off her mission to Norway and it made me reflect on all the cool and amazing people I met on my mission. Thanks for putting up with me and teaching me so much in the short time we had together! I totally know what you mean about loving your students too and seeing how each one of them rocks.

    ReplyDelete