Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A night at the Cannery






I am going to try and get the process down for ya, cause it's a pretty complicated deal! It starts out with the peaches being washed and loaded into a big bin where guys get all wet as they take off the leaves. Then they go up the shoot and a few people pick out the mooshy ones. Then they all get put in their little cubby and turned so they can go through the cutter. They then get cut in half and shimmied down the hill into hot steam where they get so hot that the skin wants to come off. Then they get de-pitted as they go up the conveyer belt and then out the shoot they go to where we were standing. we de-pitt the ones that were forgotten and then we make sure they're good and put them on a different conveyer belt. They go into another bit pot and are broght over to the canners and they put them in the can. They go through a hot hot steam oven thingy and i guess that's where they cook and then there is a lot of water and the water gets pushed out of them and a lid goes on the can and is sealed and up the shoot they go to be compressed I think. I'm not sure if they actually get cooked again. But over to boxing they go and off to who knows where in the world! Everytime I go to the cannery I am amazed at Heavenly Father's work! The church is true! It's just too organized and manned from heaven not to be!

2 comments:

  1. The cannery looks fun. I have never been. Hey Becca, now that I have commented you should be able to add my blog to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, the memories. I think peaches are the best thing to can. Why didn't I think to take my camera when I went? Probably b/c my friend Andrea had to drag me there. I'm glad she did.

    ReplyDelete