Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Inspiring words from Sister Hinckley

She's left this realm and is still inspiring people everyday...now that's a gift!

I just read this quote today from Sister Hinckley and loved it. “We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.” --Marjorie Pay Hinckley.
I love it! It is truly the best advice I’ve heard in a long time. Especially since, constantly from all sides I feel like I have to prove something, when in essence those who love me most know all my faults. Interesting how that works! I just need to learn to be content with who I am and who is that??? so many things! and most importantly a daughter of Heavenly Father who was sent to this earth for so many reasons, but most of all to return home with His other Children!
The follow up scripture to that was: For all have not every gift given unto them; for there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God. To some is given one and to some is given another that all may be profited thereby. Doctrine and Covenants 46:11-12

2 comments:

  1. That is hard to remember somtimes...especially as life gets more and more complicated. It's a great reminder to slow down and enjoy the blessings!

    ReplyDelete