Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I love black and whites.


So as i look at these amazing pictures, I think, "What is it that makes us love them?" Well, it is interesting, because photographers and painters try to capture the beauty that is in scene and I can understand that, because sometimes I look at scenes and I just want to cry because of the beauty and I think, "Wow, i want to take a picture of that so i can capture it for forever." and then i recently learned something from C.S. Lewis's book about photography and paitings.

In his book, "the Great Divorce" he says that the only reason we here on earth try to paint or take pictures is to capture the beauty that we see, but that in Heaven we won't do that, because the second we try to capture that beauty we will no longer have it in our grasp, because the beauty we see here is a piece of heaven that we are trying to hold within us on earth, but in heaven that beauty can not be captured or it would, in essence cease to be. What a profound thought. I would have never thought something so deep unless i had heard it first, but wow, now that I've heard it I think I just may believe it! What an amazing book once you get into it and figure it out just a little bit more. I have had to listen to parts multiple times to understand what it is saying, but wow, it is amazing and so right on target. Enjoy the black and whites, soft and serious, crazy and romantic...it is in all forms: beautiful.

















No comments:

Post a Comment