Monday, April 23, 2012

Courage

“Courage is required to make an initial thrust toward one’s coveted goal, but even greater courage is called for when one stumbles and must make a second effort to achieve.  Have the determination to make the effort, the single-mindedness to work toward a worthy goal, and the courage not only to face the challenges that inevitably come but also to make a second effort, should such be required. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, “I’ll try again tomorrow.” – President Monson
I read this quote in a talk, "The Abundant Life" and kept back coming back to it. I realized that it is so hard to have courage sometimes, especially when you've tried and failed, it feels like it's better to give up. But, just when you want to, I love the advice that says it's okay to give yourself a break and say, "I'll try again tomorrow."  I'm glad for second chances!

No comments:

Post a Comment