Thursday, March 11, 2010

Simplicity

I was looking at pictures today and came across this one I took 4 years ago. I am amazed at how simple life used to be and how simple it can be. Sometimes when we just take a glimpse really quick we miss so much, but then when we look deeply there are so many things we never saw. Ever since my mission I have loved looking at Dragon Flies. For some reason I would find them dead all the time and I have like 3 in my journal from my mission. I am fascinated by their wings. How is that there is something so simple and delicate with holes in it that keeps them in flight? I don't know, but when I look at a dragonfly I know that God is in heaven and He knows a whole lot more about life than I do! So that's what I'm hanging onto today! Happiness and knowing that He knows a lot more than I do and sends me angelic things all day long! Today was a happy day! I laughed a lot and my students kept asking why I was in such a good mood. I didn't know myself and I can only attribute it to the fact that I prayed really hard on my way to school that I could be happy! So my dragonfly is another thing that made me happy and help me remember that He's there in his heaven and is watching gently over me. That is what I know today.


The other picture was a leaf bug I almost stepped on as I was walking on the football field. It represents for me (what I'm searching for right now) that just under your nose is something you just might not see, but if you look at things from a different angle you will find it and see it. So that's where we stand for now...keep on looking, sometimes from different angles!

No comments:

Post a Comment