Monday, March 26, 2012

Looking forward, while looking back! Happy Birthday to my dad!

Oven baked parmesan seasoned fries :)

I read this in a talk today be President Erying, “I promise you, if you do all that you can, God will magnify your strength and your wisdom.  He will season you.”  Henry B. Erying, Conference October 2011 "Preparation in the Priesthood: 'I need your help'".

I thought about the different experiences that I have had today.  Many names came to mind of so many people I have dated.  I laughed as I thought about how my heart has been, “broken” so many times.  The fact that I have survived, just when I didn’t think I could and how the Lord has literally “seasoned” me and my life.  To season is to spice, flavor, to add experience to etc…I thought, "Would I rather have plain fries or seasoned fries?"  Red Robin came to mind, and I thought of how much I love those fries (and the fries I’m going to make that are homemade, that I found on pinterest) and how my life is like flavored, seasoned fries.  That I am that much better because of experiences I went through and never thought that I could get through.  But now, they’ve seasoned me and my life is full. I am happy. I am very blessed and couldn’t be happier that the Lord has granted unto me the blessings of working in the temple, and getting to know what I want and being happy in the process of growth through it all. It’s good to realize how blessed we are and the fact that as we progress, stretch and grow, that though it feels like it will never end, because it is so up in our faces and that’s all we can see, that life is all about growing and getting bigger and better! It’s to be happy while we grow that is the challenge…as my dad who’s birthday it is today, would say, “Therein lies the rub!”  I love you John! Happy Birthday doing the Lord’s will on the other side!  I knew today was going to be a special day for me, from the moment I realized that it was March 26th!  !Feliz Cumple!

To everything there is a season!

Ecclesiastes 3
1 To every thing there is a aseason, and a btime to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A atime to be born, and a time to bdie; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to alaugh; a time to bmourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to aget, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to arend, and a time to sew; a time to keep bsilence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to ahate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he alaboureth?
10 I have seen the atravail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be bexercised in it.
11 He hath made every thing abeautiful in his time: also he bhath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the cwork that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment