Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life and learning

"Burdens provide opportunities to practice virtues that contribute to eventual perfection."
--Elder L. Whitney Clayton
Life is an interesting thing...we are sent here to laugh and to cry and to learn and become who it is that we are supposed to be...one thing I've learned is that in the end we become who we choose to be. Life is all about choices and we ultimately become who we choose to be...today I choose to remember that I'm on this earth to bring about good things and if that means loving, losing and learning, then that's what it means. And no matter what, we get to choose what we will learn and what we won't. We get to choose to learn and be sad, cry and let it out and take the time to move on and grow, or sit around and not learn what it is that that experience is to teach us. I've learned today and yesterday and the day before and the day before that....that there is always something to learn. So really it boils down to the fact that we are here to learn and if our learning is thwarted, then why are we here and what are we doing? Our purpose has ceased. This sounds like a whole lot of babbaling...but it's because that is what the last 3 weeks of my life have been a whole lot of circles of not understanding and then getting it and learning a little bit or learning a lot...so the end result is me learning to let go and let God teach me what it is that I'm supposed to learn at this point...so here's to learing.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the news Becca. You have a wonderful attitude and tremendous faith that will get you through this. It's better to have learned that this isn't going to work out now then after you were already married. You're in our prayers. Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Becca! I will allwork for your good some day. I love the song that says somwething like this "every broken road lead me strait to you" Sorry you hit another broken road. Your in my thoughts. Love ya roomie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also sad to hear that things are not working out the way you might have wanted to expected them to. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you during this "learning" time in your life. You have amazing faith and such a strong testimony! Love ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you guys believe it's been 2 years? Oh, it's paid off and I'm glad that I didn't marry him. I'm glad that life turned out exactly the way it was supposed to be; me happy and still learning, but key word: HAPPY! Happy New Year!!! 2012 is bound to hold some secret suprises! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete