Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Eve




The age catogories!






Our blessed pizza from Little Ceasar's, last one of the night!





Coloring contest.





Miss Tamee, Katherine and me at the hospital...what a day to be in the hospital.





What a busy day! So it started out with us going to the mall to meet Liz for just one more "Bath and Body" run (new year's resolution #13 no going to bath and body for like a year! Well, at least 6 months!). Then I went to visit my friend Katherine who had a hip surgery. Tamee and I went to visit her. Then I went to the school and tried to deliver the rest of the toys for tots gifts, but ran out of time, so i loaded my car up with them and met Melissa and Mark at my house to take the kids. I told them that since they never get to go on dates I would take the kids Christmas Eve so they could go on a date and spend the night at mom's and then just come to my house (since I had a tree) for Christmas morning and breakfast. So I loaded the kids in the car and we searched all around Eagle Mountain and Saratoga Springs for the houses to deliver gifts to. We got stuck in the snow, prayed our way out of that, thank goodness for heaven! The kids kept saying can we just go home? I said, "If these kids don't get their gifts, then you don't get yours. Do you really want to go home?" The answer was a resounding, "No." So after finding all of the houses except one, we were on our way to Little Ceaser's, request of the children! We got there at 7:59pm and they close at 8, but due to it being Christmas Eve they were already to go, well, I saw people in there and I knocked and begged. They gave me their last cheese pizza and i added breadsticks on and they were kind enough to put those in as a Christmas bonus! So while i got the pizzas ready, we had a coloring contest, 4 age categories, Matthew's idea: ages 3, 5, 7 and 28. Needless to say we all won our age category! The prize were the toppings of our gingerbread houses! What a fun aunt!!! So we made gingerbread creations...they weren't necessarily houses, although mine had a garage and a wood pile out back! That was fun! We ended up going to sleep to a movie and then another movie and then...a lot of coughing and crying and more coughing...and wow, what a night...I'm glad I'm not a mom yet! But we made it through and onward to Christmas day! At least Mark and Melissa had a good night at the Cheesecake factory!! I'm jealous, but happy they could enjoy the night without kids! They deserve a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment