Friday, July 15, 2011

ALMUERZO jueves 14 de julio Ourense, Spain

My salad!
We took a break for lunch.  This is what Susy ate.  Yummy yum!

Really pretty flowers!


Chauffer Carlos taking a little siesta!

Cool bridge in Ourense

Another cool piece of art in Ourense


Okay there are going to start to be some cool pics of the camino de Santiago (the trail of James) because they are all over the place and since I know what it is I love it and kind of have a desire to do it maybe next summer.  All the Peregrinos (pilgrims) walk or bike many, many miles to get to Santiago de Compostela.  I think it is the coolest thing.  I can only imagine the blood, sweat and tears.  Today we saw a lady and her husband doing it and she had these huge blood blisters under her eyes.  They looked painful.  I'm sure they had something to do with lack of sleep and too much sun...I kept trying to figure it out.

The only river I remember the name of, because it's easy like nino and it divides Spain from Portugal at some point!  El rio Mino

Susy taking a nap!

More pretty flowers!

Okay so I have this new obession with bathrooms and the variety there are...keep your eyes and eyes alert for a post dedicated to the aseo!

Coffee cups and wine cups here are soooo small it's unreal. I think, "Why even put it in a cup? It's just one gulp."  But what I'm learning is that things in those cups are only supposed to be consumed in small quantities. Sipped and enjoyed!  Because of the culture, conversation and people are important as much as the food being consumed if not more!

This is a mini trash can!  This picture is for profe Meredith who loves his coca zero!

No comments:

Post a Comment